Sunday, March 8, 2009

Gallery: Women's Day & a Blog Award!

I wanted to share this 'first time my work has ever been in a gallery' photo with you all - yay! This was huge step for me and even though this wasn't a formally juried exhibit, not every submission made the cut for this show so I am honored that my humble, little piece was chosen to be shown amongst such beautiful work!! As I think I mentioned this exhibit was for International Women's Day (which is today March 8, 2009) with a follow-up conference here on March 23rd.

(edit: just to be clear, the only piece shown here that's mine is the cowgirl portrait, I wish I was accomplished enough to say the others are mine too - maybe someday!)






















Also over the weekend I was delighted to find out that I was given an award from the lovely and talented Tracy of Altered Wonderland - thank you Tracy, I'm so very touched and honored!!

I now nominate 7 other Kreative Bloggers and pass this award along to them, all amazing & talented bloggers and online friends. I feel very fortunate that I've actually met 3 of them in person, *smile* [look for the stars]

It was hard for me to select just 7 for this award as there are so many other bloggers I wanted to give it to, but here are my picks:

1. Carla Kurt Anonyrrie
2. *Chrysti Hydeck Art by Chrysti
3. Jennifer White Wishful Thinking
4. Laurel Gaylord Studio Lolo
5. Regina rgrdesigns
6. *Susan Tuttle Ilka's Attic
7. *Vanessa Eccles Colorful Creations4u

6 comments:

Regina said...

Way to go, Laura! Isn't fun to have your art hung with other art in such a nice setting! I really like your portrait.

Anonymous said...

Laura, truly amazing....how proud are you of yourself! Congratulations.... I can't imagine what it must feel like ... and the finished cowgirl piece looks fantastic matted and framed. Congrats again Laura....

studio lolo said...

yay!!! You go girl! They look wonderful.

My friend loved her cowgirl btw. I just got a letter from her yesterday ;)

Regina said...

Laura - I totally missed the blog award the other day. I just skipped over that part. LOL
Thanks so much for honoring me this way. xo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your show!!!! You look so happy and beautiful standing in front of all your gorgeous work. This is just the first of many shows:))) And thank you for the award. I am truly honored. I'm looking forward to having you join the SoulCollage group - and if you know anyone else who might enjoy it, pass the info along. xox

Susan Tuttle said...

Hi sweet lady!
Congratulations on the show! --your cowgirl is stunning -- what do you mean she doesn't measure up to the others? -- you bet she does and more!

Thank you so much for nominating me for the award -- it means so much!

Come check out my latest book giveaway.

xo