Wednesday, June 24, 2009

SP Wednesday, simple indulgences, PS fun...


morning sunshine sifting through the blinds, early morning finds me quiet and shy so just a patterned silhouette at first...


starting to wake up so I tiptoed into my studio to do some sketching...


then it was time to go brew a pot of coffee...and whip up a batch of those delicious muffins I've been promising for the last few days...


sweet, simple indulgences: fresh, bold coffee & warm, homemade muffins, fine china (Lavender Rose) and a vintage silver spoon. I started using both my fine china and silver cutlery regularly some time ago - why have something if you don't use it? I also love collecting vintage linens, especially ones with embroidery, I'm in awe of the tiny details on some of them, such patience...

Photoshop note: I tried to add steam over the teacup for more drama, more practice needed with brushes and layers but I love playing around in that program. I learn something new every time...


Here's the recipe for one of the yummiest banana breads you've ever tasted, promise!! You can also make muffins instead of loaves but watch out, the muffins disappear a lot quicker - at least around here :>

Have a great week y'all!

1 comment:

Jennifer White said...

I LOVE your SP...just a peek into your eyes makes me wonder what you were thinking when you took this shot. I hope you're having a fantastic week Laura, I'm back @ Valley Ridge enjoying a workshop with Katie Kendrick and having an amazing time...cannot wait to share what I've created.

xoxo