Monday, June 29, 2009

Inspire Me Thursday - 'chalk'


I've had a couple of boxes of chalk pastels laying around for awhile so glad I stopped in over at IMT to see what the prompt word was this week. I like stretching my creative muscles and have been in a major rut getting inspired to starting work on some new canvases - hopefully this little pastel painting will have me slinging paint in no time :>


established values and skin tones...


chalk pastel on Canson pastel tint paper

As you can see, I almost finished it however the nice light I had started to wane, so I called it a day. I left everything out so I can jump right back in tomorrow a.m. and then call it DONE!

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to pop back in to see it completed...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!! I have always been fascinated with chalk pastels. I have a box, but no idea how to use them.

Sandy K. said...

Very lovely...I have always wanted to be able to create something through the traditional art elements. I love photography, but it's not quite as personal as your art work. Thank you for following my own work, and I'll definitely be back to participate in yours.

Regina said...

Really beautiful! I'd like to learn to use my pastels this well.