Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pastel Portrait: update


'Rosalie', 9x12 pastel on Canson pastel paper

Finished.....at least I think it is :> I'm going to let her (my daughter picked out her name) 'rest' for a few days before I decide if it is indeed completed - I feel like I want to add some more detail to the hands. Anyhow, I'm glad I jumped right back into it today. It's hard for me sometimes to do that but with this medium - it seemed to work....ya gotta love serendipity *wink*

Which brings me to a question: what works best for you - leaving a piece for a bit or getting it all done in 1 or 2 sessions??

(P.S.) if you want to see the process leading up to this check the previous post here

2 comments:

Toothfairy said...

I like the way you let your readers follow your work in steps!
very nice... keep it up!

*loves*

Sierra said...

Turned out lovely...I bet she loves it!!