WIP 'The Key', acrylic on 12x12 wood panel (view full pic here)
When I seen this week's IF prompt 'repair', I didn't think I'd have anything to offer but as it turns out, I do.
This piece wasn't moving in the direction that I wanted so I wet down areas to remove and started to wipe away what I could. After drying it completely, I went in with fine grit sandpaper, a little too vigorously, and took off more than I planned. To repair it and slowly bring the layers back up took some time & patience. It's been quite the experience working on these wood panels - every mistake fixed or problem solved is another step forward on the learning curve :>
I think I'm going to put this aside before I finish it up, her dress isn't detailed and I'm not completely happy with her hair, it's not as free flowing as my sketch reference. I've heard that procrastination is part of the creative process, that it works its' magic in the background of our lives - that works for me, at least right now.
Here's to growing as an artist - go learn something new this week!