Tuesday, February 22, 2011



Finally getting a chance to share some of my recent time away from blogland, which has also involved overhauling/ vamping up my studio and s-l-o-w-l-y setting up my Etsy shop which I really, really want to have up and running for a spring opening. The winter months are just flying by for me, how about you?

Anyhow, the pic above is of The Lodge Resort & Spa - sometimes referred to as Rebecca's Lodge due to the fact that it's 'charmed' by a woman named Rebecca. Yes, it is indeed reputed to be haunted by the beautiful red-headed woman who was murdered by her 'jealous lumberjack boyfriend' when it was a logging house in the 1930's (the lodge also claims that a chambermaid who was killed by a jealous lover also haunts the grounds & halls, however both versions may be related to the same woman). And although I never did see anything out of the ordinary while we were there, one of the door handles in our suite kept 'sticking' and the lights eerily flickered on & off more than once - coincidence? Maybe......



A very steep view down into the part of the hill with the railway Trestle.....






Gorgeous scenery....



And of course, last but not least, the Murder Mystery Weekend that the Lodge & The Cloudcroft Light Opera Company [CLOC] hosts twice a year. I have never been to one of these before so the whole experience was quite surreal. The CLOC gang put on quite the performance and we thoroughly enjoyed it all, from the champagne receptions & fabulous dinners, to the clue hunt in the village shops on Saturday and finally the big reveal breakfast on Sunday morning, I highly recommend it......(btw I'm the blonde to your left in the bottom picture, 2 cast members came to our table at the opening dinner and hauled me up with them to do a Charlies's Angel pose lol)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a blast. I love the pictures! :)

Kris Reichart-Anderson said...

Your photos bring back fond memories.
Thanks.