Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Sketchbook Project 2011 Tour



Hello! Just peeking in with a quick update for y'all. Yes the banner above is a hint at what my post is about....

After shuffling my feet back and forth for about a month now, I decided to sign up for this project before it fills. They closed out a few themes I was considering but one of them was still available and so I chose: 'in flight'.

I'm hoping this experience will help me to break out of my 'hang on to it/ hoard it' thing I have for my work. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't love sharing it, it's just really hard for me to give it up forever - okay just typing those last few words is enough to rock my commitment to this, good thing I already paid :>

I have until January 2011 to complete it before they need it back (it's gonna see NY before I do, hee) so I'll try to share my process with you before I send it on it's way for touring the country. It's stopping at 6 major cities and one of them is Austin, TX, it would be great to make it there to see the whole project all in one place.....

Are you joining me in 'The Sketchbook Project' - if you aren't, what are you waiting for? C'mon, jump in!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so glad you joined the project! Just an advance warning, the paper in the sketchbook is rubbish: http://makenart.blogspot.com/2010/07/sketchbook-project-2011-moleskine-test.html

I've created a flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1449836@N24/

And a twitter list: http://twitter.com/papier_et_encre/sketchbook-project-2011

If you're interested. Happy sketching!