Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mixed media journaling class


'time to blossom', watercolor journal, 6x8 (12x8 open)

'And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom....--Anais Nin

Edit: most of this original post got deleted (oops!) so I improvised as to
what was written here. My sincere apologies to all those who left
such sweet, kind comments -
I was only able to retrieve 3
and listed them at the end of the post...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This past week has been a whirlwind of activity and happenings
- some good, some not so good:>
I got the not-so-good stuff out of the way last weekend on Friday nite (hey I like to get those over with as quickly as possible, ya know? lol) after a day trip to get last-minute art supplies resulted in car trouble on the way home.

The good parts? Teaching my mixed media journaling class on Saturday to some wonderfully creative and supportive students!
Then relaxing, lazing around on Sunday.

This was the first class I had ever taught so although I tried to keep things fairly structured, I left some room open for spontaneity and student 'discovery' moments. I would like to thank my students for a truly amazing and FUN time - I learned something from you too!

I also want to share a nice surprise from Monday, I got some really good PR
about my class in our local newspaper (thanks Karen!!)

Whew! is all I can say at this point - how's your week shaping up?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:

Sandy K. - This is beautiful. I am trying to figure out how to do it, and liven up my photography. I love the ideas on your blog.

Kris - Laura, loved your workshop. I learned so much. I've started to gesso the pages for the life event journal I want to make. Thanks again for being such an inspiring teacher.

Tracy - your journal pages look amazing! i love the colors in it!

No comments: