Saturday, October 9, 2010

hello, sharing, news....

Helloooo.....dusting off my blog before it dries up and blows away :>

Life has been strange lately, busy as a bee & social as a butterfly one minute then feeling much like this flower - standing alone, feeling like I want to float, craving a minimalist existance......

I decided to join Susan & Chrysti in their latest prompt for {Echo} Week 23 - Minimalist as the timing was good to get it posted and I thought it fit perfectly with the mood I was trying to convey with my camera...

new work - sharing:

Above is a sneak peek of my 'They Draw and Cook' entry. If you're not familiar with TDAC, it's a blog that features illustrations with a twist - all the illos are themed to recipes. I'd been wanting to send something in when I first heard about it but the announcement of a book being published finally gave me the push I needed. My recipe/illustration was accepted for publication on the blog this morning by Nate (thanks!) but it's not posted yet - they have a ton of last minute entries for the book so when the link's up, I'll let you know.

one last note - art show:

I'm joining a friend of mine next weekend at a local arts & crafts event, we're sharing a booth and and so I've been busy putting cards & prints together but not really sure what else I'll have for sale , maybe some small original mixed media pieces.

And yes, yes I am still hoping, planning, (plotting) on finding the time & inspiration to get my new Etsy shop up and running - I feel like if I wait any longer I may just shelve the whole idea....

Here's to being inspired and creative and moving forward - rinse, repeat.....

4 comments:

studio lolo said...

I was wondering where you've been!

It sounds like you have some wonderfully creative things going on. I do hope you get going on your Etsy shop instead of shelving it.

Congrats on the recipe!

x♥x

Kris said...

Laura, thanks so much for coming yesterday. Always so good to see your and your work.

Regina said...

Congrats on being selected!
I haven't been making the blog rounds much lately. But, I'm catching up and am passing on a blog award to you which you can pick up here
http://rgrdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

moongipsies said...

Love your interpretation of minimalist... I have really enjoyed being in the ECHO project.