Monday, September 20, 2010

Illustration Friday - 'acrobat'



A quick line sketch, some scribbles with colored pencil and a bit of Photoshop magic for IF's theme this week 'acrobat'. I originally thought of doing a traditional (human) acrobat, but decided to focus on an animal one instead.

This is my first ever drawing of an elephant, actually I don't generally draw animals at all, mostly just birds, but I really enjoyed it. I had mentioned the saying to a friend of mine awhile back on how to tackle a huge task or project (like my new Etsy shop). Do it the same way you would if you had to eat an elephant - one bite at a time - so I added a few nibbles to the ear :) Thanks for the nudge to sketch this Kris, I think with some tweaking it would make a great inspirational card or print......

Have a creative week friends - and as always, be well.

4 comments:

Heather said...

that's a cute one! love your elephant...so great that was your first try! wow.

Unknown said...

I like this a lot, very cool how you just coloured the ball, it works really well.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Now that's talent!! How are you??? Hope that you are doing well. It's been super busy around here. How is the illustration coming along. I love your elephant and the other posted illustrations. You have been working Lady and it's all just so beautiful. Great job! Thanks so much for the well wishes for today. I am getting a early start to what will be a long day. Have a good one and thanks so much for stopping by Laura.
Hugs
V

Regina said...

Love this! It's a favorite saying of mine & your illustration is perfect.