Sunday, July 26, 2009

Winding down...



"know that even on our darkest nights

sisters are there for us lighting the way
like moonlight and stars" - LTM

As the weekend started to wind down I found some time to finish that journal spread I started the other day. It was inspired by the Somerset article "Let's Face It" featuring DJ Pettitt. I love her style which she so generously steps out in the article to show how she creates a piece.

I Iike how this turned out even though it's a bit somber & wintery for this time of year. Maybe it's because nighttime seems to be the only part of the day where I'm able to collect my thoughts as things cool down - the weather's been blazing hot here....

Also I've been thinking a lot about sisters, all the different ones we have in our lives. Our blood/family sisters, art sisters, blog sisters, soul sisters and friends who are like sisters (maybe you're lucky enough to have a sister that's all these rolled into one amazing sister!) The ones we open our hearts & homes to, the ones we bravely bare our souls to, the ones with whom we laugh, cry and dream with... I cherish all the sisters in my life...

Love the moodiness of this song today.....by the way, have you celebrated the sisters in your life lately?

4 comments:

Regina said...

Laura,
this is beautiful.
I'm blessed to have 5 sisters and many other sisters of the heart.

studio lolo said...

I've watched you grow since we'started blogging.You grown in so many ways. This is a lovely piece.

I hope to find my speakers soon so that I may listen to the music you've chosen.

I love my flesh and blood sisters as well as my art and soul sisters ;)

xoxo

Susan Tuttle said...

Gorgeous my dear friend:) DJ is an amazing gal, isn't she?

Your banner looks awesome!

Hope you are enjoying summer -- it's the perfect season for reveling in what we love:) -- don't you think?

xoxox

valerie walsh said...

This is soooooooo beautiful Laura!