Wednesday, May 27, 2009

SP Wednesday, musings...

Decided to play in my journal today after pulling a few photos out to do a SP entry. I keep the photos simple and cheap for my journals - inkjet on plain paper, nothing fancy. I do admit that I'm not one for self-portraits and so they are a bit of a challenge for me.

However, I'm on a mission right now to try out at least 1 or 2 new journaling ideas each week leading up to the Mixed Media Journaling class I'm teaching here locally in July. I want to have some solid techniques to share with my students.


'self-portrait', 10x10 journal

Evolution of the page: I'm always amazed when a page starts to come to life on its own, especially when I have nothing particular in mind for it. I have been very introspective lately and pondering many things so that's why I think those past, present, future 'balloons' popped up. The white blocks were stenciled in and are perfect for adding text, I'll get to that another day...

Why don't you join us over at Misty Mawn's blog for her SP wednesdays? I'm finally getting in on this weekly challenge - only took me three months to get around to it :>

Have a great week y'all!

4 comments:

Susan Tuttle said...

Hello sweet Laura!
I am loving this self-portrait of you -- your hair looks simply divine up in a twist:)

Congratulations on your teaching ventures -- you will be fabulous!

Big hugs across the miles!:)

xo

PeregrineBlue said...

Once yagain you have created so much beauty on this page Laura. You just have a knack for doing everything with so much class.

Anonymous said...

Hello Laura,
this is my first time visiting your blog and I love it! Is full of inspiration, I hope to be like you when I grow up - LOL!
I shall return often to enjoy your posts.
Greetings from Mexico ~

Jennifer White said...

Oh Laura... still scared to death of the SP! It's taking me way longer the 3 months you posted about... I agree with Susan, your hair looks fabulous in the picture and love the pinks in this, too....hope you're having a great weekend Laura!