Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Daytripping - San Angelo, Texas

My hubby and I did some daytripping yesterday to San Angelo which is a hop-skip-and-jump from us, don't know what took us so long to go there for a visit!

What a beautiful city! The population is just over 100,000 and it has much to offer in the way of art (museums & art clubs) as well as great shopping and many local attractions. Because it's so close to us and easy to get around, I hope to make a lot of trips there this winter :> I met so many friendly people who answered my questions on what the area has to offer in the way of art classes, gallery memberships etc.

The pic below shows a few of the goodies I picked up at a thrift shop, Michael's and Hobby Lobby - I could have easily bought tons more, believe you me☺

I was so excited to finally find these crows at an über-cool Hallowe'en boutique! I had thought of making my own from papier mache and feathers if I couldn't find any, but these are close enough to what I had in mind -- the only thing I may do to make them 'mine' is to decoupage some vintage book pages onto the bases and wrap/glue black tissue paper or mulberry paper onto their plastic claws for a more textural, realistic look. I'm planning on decorating in a black & white theme this year for a Gothic /Victorian look --more on that as it gets closer to the holiday. Also, I think I really want to get in on an online Hallowe'en party this year and after reading about this party at this blog, I think I will!

Have a great week y'all!

1 comment:

Heather B. said...

Party! Sounds scary!

I'm loving your folk art! Can't wait to see more...

Take care!
Heather B.