Saturday, June 28, 2008

Soulful Saturday - Gifts, Blessings & Questions

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”-- C. S. Lewis [British Scholar and Novelist, 1898-1963]

It's Soulful Saturday again, my 'every second Saturday' attempt to set aside a short amount of time to extend gratitude, be thankful for my blessings and ask myself some questions.

Today I'm:

......Sooo glad that I met this artist last year. I stopped in at her blog, by chance actually, we've since stayed in touch by visiting each other's blogs and then finally through email recently when I won her "For you Friday" contest, yippee! Look at all of the goodness she sent me!!! I love it all Heather. THANK YOU! I can't wait to get started on it, my friend :> Make sure you visit her blog to see how she decorated her little bird house!



......Grateful for friends who take the time to respond to an email and lend an encouraging word at a time of uncertainty, even though they are laying low due to health issues, THANK YOU Susan :>

......Preparing & gathering supplies for some new work that is totally not 'me'. I've done some searches on prepping methods, set up & such but I will most likely just wing it. It's something I've wanted to try for awhile because well, I love the smell of it, its' hardiness and the fact that it will lend a folk art feel (something I've always loved, except for some of the really primitive stuff) to my contemporary work -- I'm talking about this substrate.

Please do stop by again, I love that you took the time to visit :>

3 comments:

Starla said...

oooo fun!! can't wait to see what you do with all the goodies!

Susan Tuttle said...

Hey Sweetie,
I can't wait to meet you at ConvenZioNE!!! I was hoping you would definitely go - yahooo!!!

Susan
xoxo

Heather B. said...

Laura,

I'm glad you got the goods! I was trying to remember how we actually "meet" the other day, but unfortunately, it's all a blur. Glad we did!

Can't wait to see what you're doing with your folk art-ish project!

Stay cool!
Heather B.