Thursday, May 29, 2008

'Home' at last!



Hand*book journal - pitt pen, watercolor, colored pencil

Hello friends!!! Where do I begin? So much to share with you all & the days are flying by. The ride down was very long and tiring, but for the most part the move went fairly well.

Setting up our new nest so it's comfy & cozy for everyone though is something else all together! Feels like I just got settled into my remodelled studio last fall and here I am having to set up all over again :) Last year at this time I was still coming back down to earth from my first Art & Soul retreat and now I'm blogging from our new home in Texas. Ah well, such is life - change is good and sometimes necessary for growth in so many ways. I've decided to think of this transition period as a valuable, learning experience, a doorway to fresh inspiration and new adventures.

With my move also came a decision to sign up & reserve my spot at the very first ConvenZioNE in California! So many wonderful instructors to choose from but I decided to book a class with my dear friend Susan Tuttle, who incidentally just posted about home and what it means to her. I swear her posts are always so heartfelt & timely for me, truly :)

The picture in my new blog header is of the Pecos River. It was taken during a recent day trip to the Seminole Canyon State Park. Because it was very hot that day (102 degrees), we agreed to explore it further at a later date.

Anyhow I have much more to share.....all in due time :)

1 comment:

Susan Tuttle said...

Laura!
Congratulations to you on your new home! I can't wait to see pics of your new studio!

I am ecstatic that you will be attending ConvenZioNE and so thrilled and humbled that you signed up for my class!!! We are going to have the best time together! I can't wait for us to meet!

Susan
xoxo