Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fresh bud of Hope & Published (!)



"When the world says, "Give up," hope whispers, "Try it one more time." - anon

Feeling so uninspired lately with preparing to relocate and all the details involved. I decided to take some time out and get outside to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air, camera in hand. I found a spot to sit and be still......to just listen to the quietness of the air and the cheerful chirping of birds. I snapped a pic of this citrusy, green bud bursting forth....unfurling it's vulnerable, naked self to the world.... makes me feel small in the grand scheme of things but also gives me a sense of hope.

I haven't had much time to sketch, paint or be creative, blah blah blah - I don't want to sound like I'm whining [much] so I'll get to my news :)

I've just found out that a few of my handmade cards, which I designed for a new line I've created (and available in my Etsy shop soon) have been selected for publication in an upcoming book, tentatively titled: 1000 Handmade Greetings by international publisher, Rockport Publishers/Quarry Books. They are on the way to the publishers for a photo shoot (!!!)



Pre-order at Amazon.com

Here's a sneak peek at one of my cards, stay tuned for more details on this publication....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the publishing credit! Yay!

It is very hard to be hands-on actively creative in the midst of packing up your life and moving from one part of the country to another. It's a tremendous task. The good thing is once you make the move and start to get settled your creativity will be waiting for you. Creativity is patient and generous that way.

I am so excited for you - such a big move.

Sending you good wishes.

gkgirl said...

that is awesome news!!

Heather B. said...

Congratulations! That is such great new!

I'm sure it's very hard to do anything but prepare for your move.

I'm sure once you get to your new home you will be bursting with creativity!

Take Care!
Heather

Susan Tuttle said...

This is just so cool Laura!! Big congratulations to you my friend!!!

Susan
xoxo