Wednesday, February 6, 2008

February ATC Project - cont'd

My series continues with ATC #5. I was inspired by the festive colors & costumes of Mardi Gras for this one. I've also been wanting to do a Marie Antoinette inspired illustration or painting for awhile now. I think that's what I love about ATCs, they give me the opportunity to try things out before committing to a large piece.

I do hope you're enjoying following along with my project, which you can read about here - it's been so fun creating these as they come to life and 'spill' out onto my work table (and I sure do need to clean up a bit soon, I'm running out of room!)



ATC #5 - 'Heart of Mardi Gras'
pen, watercolor, colored pencil, graphite

1 comment:

Susan Tuttle said...

She is totally in the spirit of Mardi Gras - love the colors you used Laura! Makes me want to be in New Orleans.

Susan
xo