Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Hallowe'en

Some Hallowe'en images from Dover Publications with the holiday coming up tomorrow. I just love these vintage postcards don't you? I've been signed up for Dover's free weekly images for a few years now, it's a great way to sample their stock and add to your clipart/image collection on the cheap!



And this is our cute pumpkin, freshly carved last night. My daughter drew the face and we helped her carve it out - I think she did a great job! We snacked on the toasted seeds afterwards. I went with a savory flavoring of oil & seasoning powder but you can also make a sweet version by using butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Yum!



Have a safe and Happy Hallowe'en!

4 comments:

Catherine J Gardner / Phoenix Rendell said...

Cute postcards...

Kathleen said...

What a wonderful Jack O'Lantern!! That is SO well done! Such a nice smile! I really don't like these pumpkins with the scary faces that seem so popular these days--yuccck!
I've got to find out how to get those free images from Dover! Thanks for mentioning it!

Emila Yusof said...

Love the postcards and the lantern! Happy Halloween Laura!

Susan Tuttle said...

I LOVE your new black and white banner my friend!!

That pumpkin is perfectly carved!!

Hope you had a Happy Halloween!

Susan
xox