It's been a super busy week so just getting to this! I was tagged recently by wonderful artist and online friend Mariana Musa who was also tagged and so it goes. I also decided to post a pic I snapped of my recent artwork printed out and used as wrapping paper as I had some great feedback and suggestions - thanks again everyone! I'm sure that professional large-scale printers would do a much better job than my color laser but you get the idea :)
Back to the tagging, here were the rules:
1. post these rules
2. each person tagged must post 8 random(... hopefully interesting) facts about themselves
3. tags should write a blogpost of these facts
4. at the end of the post 8 more bloggers are tagged and named
5. go to their blog and leave a comment telling them they're tagged
My 8 random facts are (insert drumroll here):
1) I'm a history buff - as in historic design: Gothic, Neo-Gothic, Medieval, and the Victorian periods
2) One of my fave gourmet ice cream flavours is 'tiger tail' from Canadian chocolatier and ice cream company, Laura Secord
3) I'd rather have a glass of milk and dry cereal than eat it as a bowl of cereal (don't like the mush factor).
4) I just gotta have my morning java to get going and rev up my brain cells, fresh ground beans please.
5) A dream room in a house for me would be a library with a fireplace, some comfy armchairs for curling up in, a place to set your tea or hot cocoa and of course the walls lined with books to a high ceiling - and one of those rolling ladders to reach them all :)
still with me? great, 3 more to go...
6) I love (to name a few) blue skies, fluffy white clouds, sunsets, twinkling stars, fresh-picked blueberries, homemade butter tarts, the smell of tea in a tin, umbrellas and rubber boots in spring rain, suspense thriller movies, old love letters, tears of joy and my daughter's eyes.
7) I'm mostly self-taught except for a few university classes in drawing & illustration, art history and sculpture - what an amazing process from wax figure to metal sculpture.
8) And lastly, I would never have thought when I ventured online with my art earlier this year that I would have the opportunity to connect with and be inspired by so many wonderful artists!
I'm not going to tag anyone else at this point so feel free to comment and leave some random facts about YOU!
thank you for 10 years!!
3 weeks ago