Monday, January 23, 2012

Year of the Dragon + Paint Party Friday

It's now officially Year of the Dragon according to the Chinese calendar. I hope you donned your [red] party dress today and had a good time! Do you know what your sign is according to this calendar? Find out here....

Anyhow, if you started the Chinese New Year right you did not try to tempt fate and abided by these age-old Chinese superstitions illustrated below:


12x12 journal, watercolor, pitt pen on bristol

All kidding aside, everyone who knows me also knows that I do love me some superstitions - so don't mind me, it's all in fun right - or is it? :)

Have an inspired week lovelies, xo

9 comments:

Heather said...

this is great! Love the painting...we discussed our symbols last night at the dinner table! So fun!

Kris said...

Laura, I have never heard these. How interesting!

Ayala Art said...

I love your post! I have never had kumquats :oP

Geckostone said...

I love dragons and I love your dragon painting! Happy Year of the Dragon!!!!

Alicia C said...

great list and fun dragon :D i wonder what it means for the sake of new years' luck to have gone to a new years party and gotten the stomach flu from one of the hosts? :(

SHERI COOK said...

LOVE the writing and illustration.
So glad you shared this work.
Belated Happy PPF wishes.
Sheri Cook/HappyHorseStudio

Unknown said...

Too cute, as always. I love the red heels. Everyone needs a pair of those, right? :)

Katie Jeanne Wood said...

Fabulous painting!! :)

Kokopelli said...

Just looked around a bit and have to say I likie your art. So fresh and beautiful!