Sunday, November 6, 2011

Greetings from...


Hello!

Alas, another month has passed to share things with all of you - wow.

I've had so much going on the last five months it's been ridiculous.
Life's "stewpot" has been cooking up mostly good things but adding some
bittersweetness in for good measure. Recently we packed up, moved and
said goodbye to more friends and another community again....



However...I'm loving the cooler & drier New Mexico climate and our new home
(the pic above shows the backyard & sunroom to the right).
South Texas was not for this northern girl (I can take hot temps but add high humidity
in there and I wilt). The crisp smoky air & fall colors here are something I've missed immensely
- it's what I've known most of my life.

The change of seasons helps me reset my compass, slow down to reassess goals, dream a little bit & then focus on where I want to go next. It's what I need, it's how I thrive. Can you relate?

"What comes first, the compass or the clock? Before one can truly manage time (the clock),
it is important to know where you are going, what your priorities and goals are, in which
direction you are headed (the compass). Where you are headed is more important than
how fast you are going." -- Anon

Looking forward to sharing pics of my new studio with you as well as some fresh work and art community pursuits I'm involved in locally. Btw, here's a really good moving tip: write the contents (or most of) on the outside of boxes, saves time like you can't believe especially unpacking studio/kitchen boxes :>

Stay inspired friends and be well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Didn't know you moved. I sent you a post card a few weeks ago from New Orleans. Hope you got it. Be sure to send me an address when you can. Hugs and blessings! :)

Kris Reichart-Anderson said...

Miss you but glad to know you are doing well.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Hope that you are having a wonderful time. At least someone is on vacation and enjoying it he he he he! Oh my goodness don't you even start with those tasty cookie. I love my chocolate chips. I have to have them. They are the bestest in the world for sure. I hope that you win by the way. Best to you always.
V