Saturday, January 15, 2011

Illustration Fri. - 'chicken'



For IF's prompt this week 'chicken' and also the last spread in my Sketchbook Project journal 'in flight' - yay! Didn't think I'd get it done but under the wire I pulled it all together after finding out they extended the postmark date to next week (yes you still have time if you think you missed the date!) I'm making a Flickr album for the whole journal and will post a link to it when it's up.

And what does my illo have to do with this week's word? Well when I first heard about the project I was hesitant to sign up thinking I wouldn't be able to give up my journal forever and - yes I'd definitely be too 'chicken' to try this pose even if I could do it (!) I like both my feet on the ground thank you very much :>

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

dosankodebbie said...

So graceful!

studio lolo said...

ooooh, I love this!! I can't wait to see it on Flickr.

Thank you for my sweet gift! It arrived yesterday. I'll try to do what it says ;)

XX♥

josh pincus is crying said...

wonderful line work. great coloring, too.

Heather said...

beautiful muscle tone,,,,very graceful, indeed as well.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! It also reminds me of how in impossible situations, we are still somehow udheld. I posted a photo of the little gift you gave me on my blog. I love and miss you, my dear friend. :)

Sandy K. said...

I love this A LOT. She's flying, definitely, and you've captured the motion. Whimsical, besides:)