Friday, January 16, 2009

A Week of Color, Day 5: 'Red'


affirmations journal - 'heart'

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucious

Just a sketch but I did get a journal entry in today - yay! Anyhow the color RED, oh yes I do love it and hearts too, I even sign my name with a heart on all of my work. The heart symbol has always been very special to me, I think it's because I put so much heart into everything I do.....truly :>

I may use this as a reference for a larger piece on a wood panel, I think she would be lovely with the right background, don't you? No matter, I was definitely in the mood for something simple today. Tomorrow, well....that's another day my friends and the color challenge for us January Art Journalers is YELLOW.

You know, as much as I've had ups & downs with this challenge, I have to say that I have flexed my artistic muscles quite a bit - more than I would normally - thank you for that Misty!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your blog through Misty Mawn's site and I think your artwork is really lovely!!

Anonymous said...

I love the movement of the hair in this sketch. I look forward to exploring your blog more.

Kate Robertson said...

Oh I love this, just the hint of red instead of the entire page is so stunning.

kate

studio lolo said...

her expression is perfect and I love the wind-blown hair. Very nice!