
'Gypsy Soul' handmade paperbag journal, watercolor, ink
Just a quick offering as I'm late in posting anything for this week's IF :> A simple pencil sketch that I drew last night, then filled in w/ watercolor in my paperbag journal this a.m. This is my reference for a painting I just started working on.
I've missed visiting y'all since I set up a new studio schedule for myself. I've basically decided that I need to 'show up' everyday and do the work that needs to be done, sounds simple right? Wrong! Sometimes my muse is off playing elsewhere, so on those days I clean or organize, listen to some fave music and try not to think about deadlines, being late, or getting behind with my plans and just.enjoy.being.in.the.moment.
There is alot to be said for putting aside time for certain things. In a nutshell i have suffered from PND and OCD since having my son. For the first two years i got nothing done! Then this year i deceided to play catch up which up to a point i have managed and i also deceided that it was important to find time for me, i craft, write, blog but like you say sometimes the thoughts, imagination, words just aren't there and it's so fustrating but i guess all things happen for a reason, we can alway fit everything in and be on time. When the mood takes you the pencil or paints will follow :-)
ReplyDelete