Thursday, March 27, 2008

Inspire Me Thursday - 'Wallpaper' and ATC #23



'Sleep' ATC #23 (from my February Heart-themed project)
2.5 x 3.5, watercolor & ink on Arches HP

So glad to finally be sharing some art with all of you at IMT! I've had much on my plate these past few months - everything from pneumonia (first time ever, lasted 6 weeks!) to heading out on vacation to the Southwest to find a place to relocate our family.

This particular ATC above, was inspired by my LOVE for a particular artist's work - I hope you know who it is! The icicle pattern reminded me a bit of wallpaper...

Will try to keep everyone posted with our cross-country move. It's a huge, cultural and geographical change for our family as we've lived our whole lives in the Midwest. At this point I feel much like the subject of this piece - I just want to sleep & dream :)

Edit: Yes Carla, she is a bit similar to Judy Wise's style of ladys isn't she? I have been a huge fan of her work since discovering it about a year ago. I'm wondering now too if Judy has also studied any works by the artist I'm referring too. Romain de Tirtoff (or more commonly known by the name he preferred to call himself - Erté) I'm fascinated with his signature fashion and theatrical illustration style - swoon!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is dreamy and beautiful! The look of joyful serenity on her face is so wonderful, and the background pattern makes me think of enchanted icicles... there's definitely the sense of a fairy tale in this. I hope you're feeling all better!

Anonymous said...

p.s. - she looks a bit like Judy Wise's ladies... yes?

Sherry said...

This is very dreamy indeed...like a wonderful fairytale!

3rdEyeMuse said...

quite lovely. here's hoping the move goes smoothly and your transistion easy like a Sunday morning.

Patricia J. Mosca said...

OH MY! She is so beautiful...so full of love...This should be a stitched piece with lots of beading...OH MY!
Truly beautiful...and truly your own! Take credit for all this beauty!
Artfully Yours,
Pattie
http://www.writingaffirmations.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

don;t you just love ATC they are so wonderful

Our Hands For Hope said...

I love the color and serene look on her face.
I met Erte at one of his birthday
parties at a gallery in New York years ago....In fact there is a picture on my blog about it under tagged. He and Mackie are my idols. Happy to have found you.
Terisa

Susan Tuttle said...

Hi Laura,
She is just lovely!!! Yes, I love Carla's work too!

I didn't know you had pneumonia - I am so sorry to hear it lasted that long - you poor dear.

I love the new profile pic of you - so pretty.

Susan
xo

Judy Wise said...

Oh, how fun, I love your blog, Laura. But I dont think she looks so much like Erte or my ladies. I think you've come up with something beautiful and all your own. Excellent!! I'll be back to visit. xo

emilayusof said...

Hi Laura! I love this, it's beautiful!

gkgirl said...

beautiful...