Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Illustration Friday - "Discovery"



















moleskine, 'inchies', watercolor, colored pencil, japanese chiyogami paper

Okay so a bit of a stretch for discovery but it was a discovery for me recently when I came across a long forgotten stash of these lovely handmade papers! I've been creating 'inchies' for about a month now and I just love them - so fun and somewhat addicting :) Anyhow I cut the papers up into one inch squares and they looked like little presents and for some reason I thought of them tumbling into a big sack. Actually I've been working on a Christmas card line so maybe that's where I made the connection?!

10 comments:

bookbabie said...

That's a good take on the topic, nice illo!

Anthony James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ricardo Guimaraes said...

Nothing like a fresh discovery!! Loved the image!!

Unknown said...

lovely, lovely!

carla said...

Those discoveries of things you forgot are always fun... this is a great image!

steve said...

I think this works perfectly fine. And all done in your moleskine. Excellent job!!

valerie walsh said...

I left a long comment about how much I love this piece and how wonderful the inchies look and this splendid bag you made but my battery wore down and the comment must have failed... Well now you know i Lo0oo00oove it!!!

Laura said...

Thanks everyone! Glad you enjoyed this one :) Special thanks to Val for taking the time to resend her comment!!

emilayusof said...

This is beautiful, Laura! The composition is great as well! I would love to exchange postcard with you! Pls e-mail me your address to emilayusof@gmail.com and I'll reply with my address! Thanks Laura!

K said...

I so love it, Laura! Love that lavender color especially, and the inchies are wonderful!