
pitt pen, watercolor, colored pencils
It's been awhile since I've created any ATCs so I decided to pull out some supplies and play a bit. I'm hoping it will help me get ready for my upcoming month long ATC project. I will be creating an ATC a day for each of the 29 days in February.
This is a project close to my heart (and hearts will find their way on many of them I'm sure). As some of you may know, my hubby left before Christmas to pursue a new career which requires him to be away from our home for about 5 months total. The holidays went quite well, lots of family and friends to be with. However as February approaches I've been feeling a bit down knowing that my hubby won't be here for Valentine's Day. It's always been a very special day for us as he proposed to me on that day and we've never been apart for any of them since being married!
A recent visit to this artist's blog was just the inspiration & spark that I needed - thanks so much Jeannine! She's involved in a year-long project of ATCs to mark each day while her hubby is away in the military.
Please be sure to visit and folllow along with my project:
Pieces of My Heart {29 Days of Love & Devotion}
I am so looking forward to sharing this with you all!
Wow, Laura, that is a very ambitious undertaking! May you have a great time doing it! I'll be looking forward to seeing many fabulous ATC's! Bless you!
ReplyDeleteI love this atc! So colorful!
ReplyDeleteI am inspired by YOU and am excited to be able to witness your 29 Days of Love & Devotion unfold!
P.S. I hope your 5 months apart passes as quickly as possible.
♥
your ATC is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteand :(
it is hard being away from
one another, isn't it...
i hope the time passes
quickly for you...
Gorgeous - I love the colors, patterns, design, and that wonderful border! I look forward to seeing your ATC creations - have fun!
ReplyDeleteI know you will get through your husband's trip away. Focus on the things you love, as I know you will.
Susan
xo
Speaking of ATC's my dear, I'm fianlly getting around to doing the ones I promised back in December. Please email your address to em at laurelgaylord@sbcglobal.net
ReplyDeleteI hope the time passes quickly while hubby is away. I believe in time apart...it can be more magical when he returns :)
Five months is a long time though
:( hugs, Lolo
oops...that's supposed to be email your address to ME...
ReplyDeleteYour envelope is waiting by the door :)